Monday, December 19, 2011

Outpouring of Love

The outpouring of love that has been shown our family this Christmas (and YEAR) has been undoubtedly overwhelming.  Starting with what's been done for us this holiday season, has been
*a giant load of food a few days before Thanksgiving, including a turkey and just a ton of canned goods and fresh produce too.
*a $50 gift card for gas
*a gallon of candy cane ice cream
*a huge "secret santa" drop off with presents for each of the kids (was dropped off on my b-day).  Each child got a Christmas book about love and a stuffed animal to match the story that they received.  We got a LDS movie called 17 miracles, and a $50 gift card to Target- all from the same family.
*We were given another big load of gifts too.  One or two for each one of us.
*a giant plate of amazing homemade cupcakes
*someone came by with a free Christmas tree (after we had already purchased one)
*Christmas carolers from the young men and women in the ward (minutes after Caleb threw up).
*last night someone rang the door bell and ran.  What was left was an envelope full of cash.  $120.
*Tonight, it was a porch full of presents for everyone. There was a huge bag of Christmas goodies from Trader Joes and included with all this was a rocking chair.  This rocking chair really hit me emotionally.  It was from a woman in the ward who is probably about 70 years old.  She comes to church alone because her husband suffers from dementia.  Sister Spindler.  When Ian was sick earlier in the year, she made a cake for him.  She sent me home with some extra cupcakes she had.  She was the one who brought over the ice cream too.  She sent me a letter after I had born my testimony in church a few months ago.   This chair means more to me because of who gave it to us.  It was from a woman who is essentially alone.  She saw her husband's abilities slip away from him.  He doesn't recognize much.  I can't imagine how lonely, sad, and hard her life must be.  When I heard her bare her testimony a few months ago and I learned about her situation, my heart went out to her.  Now, that she has shown my family and me such love, it goes even more out to her.  She gave us her mother's rocking chair, who just passed away.  I feel like she identifies with me/us which makes the gift more significant and meaningful.  I was so moved and still am at the slightest thought of it all.  I am very humbled by all this.  I'm very grateful for all the love that has been shown us.  I feel Heavenly Father's love through these acts of kindness and sacrifice too.
A huge thank you goes to those who have helped this season-
Sister Hall
Linda Willits
Christina Williams
Sister Spindler
The Ribera family
The Driggs family (twice!)
someone unknown
and a group of unknowns
the ward in general
The Hoovers
The ward's youth

The thing is is that this is only what has been done for us since the end of November.  It doesn't include all that has been done for us throughout the year.  That is another long list, which I intend to write too.

No comments:

Post a Comment