Thursday, February 27, 2014

Ayla's rashes! Aug 2012

Ayla went into the hospital Tuesday night on Aug the 7th (2012).  Sunday night is when I first noticed a little rash under her arm and by her diaper, but I didn't think much of it because I knew she had gone through some bushes that afternoon.  But Monday morning, she had broken out in severe hives.  I called the doctor who told me to stop her Amoxicillan that she was taking for her double ear infection.  That was the 10th day of taking it.  The doctor said that an allergic reaction to Amoxicillan or to any drug can start 7-10 days after taking it.   So we went to the store and bought some Benedryl.  An hour later she threw up then slept for 3 hours and then acted normal the rest of the day.  Tuesday morning her rashes had doubled.  It looked really bad.  By noon she had a low grade fever of 101.4 (rectally).  Ayla refused to walk or stand up on her legs.  Her feet were purple up to her knees. The doctor couldn't call me back until 5:30.  When we finally talked, she said I should probably go to the emergency room.  We did and they admitted her.  We were there until this afternoon- Friday.








Then Ayla went back into the hospital October 6th, for a 105 fever that wouldn't go down.  What a crazy year! Luckily, Thankfully, she was only there over night.  We had some time to kill while we waited for her to get hydrated so we played some clapping games.  




No comments:

Post a Comment